- This event has passed.
CSW 67 Parallel Event : Women’s Empowerment through Education and Training in the Digital Age
March 6 @ 9:30 pm - 11:00 pm UTC+0
WOMEN’S EMPOWERMENT THROUGH EDUCATION AND TRAINING IN THE DIGITAL AGE.
This event will convene experts to discuss and showcase factors of the current gender gap in innovation, technology and education, to explore measures and best practices to create an enabling environment to counter gender-stereotypes related to women’s empowerment and training in technological fields as well as to devise strategies and share actions that lead to gender equality and to the empowerment of women and girls such as gender responsive vocational training and capacity development programs which are critical for the achievement of gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls.
Martine Marandel – President of the International Council of Women
* Lopa Banerjee – Executive Coordinator of Generation Equality and Director, Civil Society Division, UN Women
* Sergei Zelenev – Special Representative of the International Council on Social Welfare to the UN
* Justine Sass – Chief of the Section of Education for Inclusion & Gender Equality, UNESCO
* Diego Antoni – Policy Specialist on Gender, Governance and Crisis Prevention, UNDP
* Avital Mimran-Rosenberg – Counsellor for Human Rights, Permanent Mission of Israel to the United Nations
* Noro Ravaozanany – Member of the Coordination of Réseau Francophone pour l’Egalité Femme-Homme (RF-EFH) and President of Focus Development Association-Madagascar
Linda Liu – Former Vice-President of the International Council of Women